Men’s Relationship Program
Our Men’s Relationship Program provides counselling, group programming, and practical support to male identifying individuals, aged 18+, who have experienced abuse or who have been abusive in an intimate partner relationship.
- Individual counselling to men struggling with family violence issues
- Group programming in the areas of trauma, the cycle of violence, healthy relationships, anger management, parenting, CBTm for Anxiety and Depression, and more
- Access to a support worker who can assist with practical needs related to housing, health, education, employment, and more, assistance with transportation and accessing resources
- Advocacy, support, and referrals
- Public education and presentations
Our program can help men in many different ways:
- Understanding the impact of abuse
- Identifying and dealing with feelings related to the abuse
- Identifying strength and survival skills
- Examining beliefs and attitudes around ender-based violence
- Assisting with behavior change
- Developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle and healthy relationships.
Eligibility: Male identifying individuals whose lives have been impacted by abuse or who have engaged in abusive behaviours in an intimate partner relationship.
Time and Location: Individual counselling is available province-wide, either in person, over the phone, or virtually. Our support worker is available Winnipeg-wide, various times and locations.
**Due to COVID, counselling sessions are currently taking place over the phone or virtually. **
Sharing Group: Wednesdays starting August 18, 2021
Every 2 weeks from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm at Access Norwest, 785 Keewatin Street.
Find Out More:
For more information for yourself or someone you know please contact Men’s Relationship Counsellor at (204) 914-9078.