Men’s Relationship Program
Our Men’s Relationship Program provides counselling, group programming, and practical support to male identifying individuals, aged 18+, who have experienced abuse or who have been abusive in an intimate partner relationship.
- Individual counselling to men struggling with family violence issues
- Group programming in the areas of trauma, the cycle of violence, healthy relationships, anger management, parenting, CBTm for Anxiety and Depression, and more
- Access to a support worker who can assist with practical needs related to housing, health, education, employment, and more, assistance with transportation and accessing resources
- Advocacy, support, and referrals
- Public education and presentations
Our program can help men in many different ways:
- Understanding the impact of abuse
- Identifying and dealing with feelings related to the abuse
- Identifying strength and survival skills
- Examining beliefs and attitudes around ender-based violence
- Assisting with behavior change
- Developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle and healthy relationships.
Male identifying individuals whose lives have been impacted by abuse or who have engaged in abusive behaviours in an intimate partner relationship.
Time and Location
Individual counselling is available province-wide, either in person, over the phone, or virtually. Our support worker is available Winnipeg-wide, various times and locations.
**Due to COVID, counselling sessions are currently taking place over the phone or virtually. **
Anger Management – 6 week virtual class for men:
A 6-week anger management group for male-identifying individuals
April 27 – June 1, 2022, Wednesday from 1-2:30 PM
For more details and to register call or email Ting at (204) 914-9078, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing Group: on-going
We meet virtually every 2 weeks from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Find Out More
For more information for yourself or someone you know please contact Men’s Relationship Counsellor at (204) 914-9078.