Primary Health Services
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PATIENTS RE COVID-19
The health and safety of our Clients, community, and Staff is extremely important to us at NorWest Co-op Community Health. As such, please read below regarding changes to our services during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Most appointments will now be over the phone. If an in-person exam is required, your health care provider will let you know after you have talked to them on the phone.
- Walk-in clinic – Please call us first at 204-938-5900 between 12:00 PM – 7:30 PM Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM weekends and Stats to receive an over the phone assessment. If an in-person exam is required we will let you know after you a phone assessment.
- To keep you, our community, and our staff safe and healthy – Everyone who comes to NorWest will be asked screening questions about COVID-19 before they can enter the building.
- We cannot test or treat COVID-19 at our clinic. If you believe you are exposed and are showing symptoms, please contact Health Links – Info Santé by following this link https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/ or call 204-788-8200 or toll free at 1-888-315-9257.
- Please help us reduce the spread of COVID-19. If you have respiratory symptoms (cough, cold, fever, runny nose, sore throat), have recently travelled outside of Manitoba, or have had contact with someone with respiratory symptoms who has recently travelled outside of Manitoba, please STAY HOME. If you have questions, you can call us at 204-938-5900 or contact Health Links – Info Santé by following this link https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/ or call 204-788-8200 or toll free at 1-888-315-9257.
- For up-to-date information on the situation in the Province of Manitoba please visit https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/
We are responding to the COVID-19 virus to enable our staff to provide services as safely as possible and in a way that limits the spreads of this virus. Effective March 16, 2020, we are making changes to programs and services as well as cancelling groups, training and meetings. We are also implementing a screening process at all of our sites.
Your well-being is in your hands!
Our healthcare team is here to help all people in the Inkster community take control of their health. This includes everything from physical health, fitness, and nutrition, to housing, personal safety and social wellness. The best part is that we offer support in a non-judgmental and compassionate manner.
We believe clients should be able to get appointments when they need them – within three working days whenever possible.
Our Family Medical Care includes:
- Treatment of minor emergencies and acute illnesses
- Regular complete examinations including Pap tests and blood work
- Reproductive care including pregnancy choice counselling and testing
- Prenatal Care
- Well-baby examinations, immunizations and support with parenting
- Support and follow-up of clients living with any chronic condition (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis, depression, asthma and others)
- Diabetes education and support
- Clinical Pharmacist assessments and education
- Lifestyle counselling (dietitian services, mobility and exercise)
- Community mental health social worker
- Flu shot clinics
- Health education
- Counselling services
- Foot care
- Teen Clinics
Eligibility: Our services are available to residents of the Inkster community.
Time and Location: We offer Primary Care Health Services out of the following two locations. Hours are subject to change, please call to verify.
NorWest Co-op Community Health
Access NorWest, 785 Keewatin Street
Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
NorWest at Bluebird
100-97 Keewatin Street
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Find Out More:
Contact us at either of the above locations to make an appointment or learn more.