Interested in getting involved? Here are some ways to get involved with the NorWest Co-op Community Food Centre.
Learn About the Issues
Check out these websites, articles and topics for important information on the issues.
- Food Security: More than a Determinant of Health by Lynn McIntyre
- Manitoba’s Local Food System: Growing Healthy Communities by Food Matters Manitoba
- The Issues by Community Food Centres Canada
- Social Determinants of Health: The Canadian Facts by Dennis Raphael
- Healthy Food, Healthy Community: A Community Action Guide by Annatiz Blindkeper
- Stuffed and Starved by Raj Patel
- In Every Community a Place for Food by Kathryn Scharf, Charles Levkoe and Nick Saul
Please contact Lila Knox at 204-391-1289 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book a tour.
When our facility is not in use for community programming it is available for rent for special events. Please contact Lila Knox at 204-391-1289 or email@example.com for availability and rental rates.
Volunteers play a vital role in every facet of our operations and we have numerous positions available. Please see our Volunteer Program for more information or contact Charlene Lipka at 204-938-5957 to discuss available roles at the Community Food Centre. Please know that we prioritize volunteers from the local community.