NorWest Community Health Centre values the health of our community, clients and staff as our highest priority. We are responding to the COVID-19 virus to enable our staff to provide services as safely as possible and in a way that limits the spreads of this virus. Effective March 16, 2020, we are making changes to programs and services as well as cancelling groups, training and meetings. We are also implementing a screening process at all of our sites.
For information about what services are available, please check our website frequently. Information will be updated as new information is received. If you have any questions or concerns please message through social media or firstname.lastname@example.org or call (204) 938-5900. We are working to support you during this challenging time of uncertainty.
For the most recent updates on the COVID-19 virus visit:
Manitoba Health: http://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/
Government of Manitoba: https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/coronavirus/
Government of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
Canada Pandemic Plans: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/flu-influenza/pandemic-plans.html
Things you need to do:
- Social Distancing: maintain at least 2 meter distance from others at all times.
- Hand hygiene: wash frequently with soap and warm water
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or elbow if tissue is not available
- minimizing prolonged (more than 10 minutes) contact between other individuals in public,
- avoiding greetings that involve touching such as handshakes,
- disinfecting frequently used surfaces,
- following public health advice related to self-monitoring and self-isolation if you have traveled or have been exposed to someone ill with the virus
If you are experiencing flu like symptoms contact HEALTH LINKS at (204) 788-8200 for further direction on self monitoring, potential testing and/or self-isolation. If you are unable to connect to Health Links personnel then please call your local health clinic or doctor. If it is an emergency call 911.
Some services have been suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click here for information on continued services at the NorWest Community Health Resource Centres.