Women’s Relationship Counselling
Our Women’s Relationship Counselling program provides individual and group therapy to women whose lives have been impacted by domestic violence.
- Individual counselling to women struggling with family violence issues
- Group counselling in the areas of parenting, healthy relationships, anger management, and self-esteem
- Support, advocacy and referrals
- Public education and presentations
- Immigrant Women’s Counselling
- Indigenous Health
- Gilbert Park Going Places (also offers counselling for youth)
Our program can help women in many different ways:
- Understanding the impact of abuse.
- Identifying and dealing with feelings related to the abuse.
- Examining beliefs about abuse and alleviating feelings of shame and guilt.
- Identifying strength and survival skills.
- Identifying self-defeating behaviours in order to bring about change.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
For more information for yourself or someone you know please contact the Women’s Relationship Counsellor at (204) 938-5912.