Trauma Response Team
Nor West’s Trauma Response Team can respond to community crisis or critical incidents for groups or communities who’ve just experienced a traumatic event or critical incident. The goal to responding to a critical incident is to help with the emotional impact that generally follows.
We can identify, stabilize and improve the psychosocial needs of youth and adults exposed to life-threatening events such as:
- Traumatic loss from accidents, suicide, homicide, illness
- School or community violence
- Events which trigger long term trauma
To reduce initial distress caused by traumatic events, our team will:
- Work collaboratively with you to assess and determine the required response(s)
- Equip groups and communities to take an active role in their recovery
- Provide information and referrals that can assist with coping, counseling, ongoing support, etc.
What do we offer?
Our Trauma Response Team offers various processing groups such as:
- Stabilization Groups- On site group support
- Coping Croups- Incident specific
- Compassion Care Coping Groups- COVID specific for teams
- Orientation Groups-Post Incident
- Resiliency Through Self Care Presentations – Pre-Incident Education and longer-term Postvention
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Groups-Incident specific
- Toxic Stress Management Workshop – Coming soon!
How to connect?
Please call Caprice Kehler at 431-276-1167 or via e-mail at email@example.com to request assistance.